Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Week on the Floor

Last week I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights. I was terrified. Wednesday night is our Trivia night, and Saturday was UFC night, so we were packed. I had five tables in my sections, and with the exception of taking home $18 in tips Tuesday night, I did pretty well. Over 100 Wednesday and Saturday (thank goodness, rent is due today), and I did okay managing everything. I forgot to bring ashtrays a couple times, and had to be reminded by my customers (oops), and one of my managers snapped at me for not getting my drinks from the bar fast enough my first night. Sigh.

I have a similar schedule this week. Tonight and tomorrow night, + Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I have an old friend visiting this weekend too, so it's going to be stressful.

I will have more detailed/interesting stories to come, I promise! I'm still getting used to the school and work thing, I've never had a job while I was in school before.

No comments:

Post a Comment