Sunday, August 23, 2009

Training Days 3 and 4

I had a day of between my third and fourth days of training, and I needed it.

On Day 3, I was supposed to take my menu test. Unfortunately, I was working on my online Alcohol Serving class the night before and kind of put off studying for the menu. As a result, I knew all of 1 of our signature drinks, which was one of the 11 pages of the test.

Other than that, I spent day 3 with the girl who first got me an application and told me I was hired. She's really nice and bubbly and definitely knows what she's doing. She introduced me to all her tables and I got drinks and rang in food. I was starting to remember all the stuff I was supposed to do.

Yesterday was my last day. I retook the menu test (only 3 or 4 wrong, none of them drinks :)), did my mock shop (that didn't go so hot, my trainer from Day 3 was reviewing me and she intentionally asked about promotions and what things came with what and I'm still having trouble remembering all that).

Most importantly, I got my own section! Keep in mind, I've NEVER waitressed before this so it was a huge deal. I was given three tables, but we had a huge group of guys come in with their kids and hang out for like 6 hours playing fantasy football. They had a big display in front of their tables and part of it was in the way of one side of one of my booths, if that makes sense. So no one sat there all day. So I really only had two tables in my "section". Anyway, when I got off work around 6, I'd made $75 in tips on 6 tables. I don't know how good that is, considering it was a Saturday afternoon, but I'm excited :)

I work three nights next week so I'll have more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment