Thursday, September 3, 2009

Are You Smarter Than a Hooters Girl?

I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown last night. I did a HORRIBLE job.

I actually got first pick (after Head Wait and the doubles) last night, because I had the highest PPA of the girls working that night :) I don't even know what that is, I think it has to do with selling merch or something? But I was excited. I didn't want to step on anybody's toes though (We have some reallly f*cking catty girls), so I chose nonsmoking, expecting a busy but smooth night.

I went over to talk to one of the nicer girls once we got on the floor because it was still empty, and she was somewhat bothered about getting last pick. "Brit, will you trade sections with me?" she joked. She needed to make money that night, and with the tables she had she wasn't going to. So I said sure. I'd just paid rent, so I didn't need it too badly, and there would be other nights. She was ecstatic, and I ended up with a section of four tables. One booth, one table right under a tv, one huge table for big parties, and one little table in front of one of the waitstations where the girls tend to hang out and leave their shit. So, 3/4 were not going to stay full.

Or so I thought. Four tables isn't a lot to manage, but those big groups are like two tables on their own. They interrupt each other to ask for things, they all want separate checks that I suck at keeping track of, and I had two groups like that. One 21st birthday and one group of guys. Plus my other tables. By the end of the night I had one table of three leave because a girl's Bloody Mary was taking so long and I hadn't been able to get their order because I was taking the orders of 10 guys at the big table. And I heard mutters from the birthday group about not coming back. Ugh.

I will say that once trivia was done (every Wednesday we have it...except last night was the last one), things went smoothly. I had small tables that were happy with their food, drinks were going out faster, and I ended up making about fifteen dollars more than the girl with whom I traded sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment