Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Drama

The girl who started the same day as me, Baby, almost got fired last weekend. She didn't show up, didn't call, and GM had a serious talk with her when she came back.

We were talking about it Monday afternoon, and I mentioned that one of the older clique-y girls didn't show up once last week either and the manager was irate.

So Baby goes on about how bullshit that is because she had a legit reason and the other girl went to get her hair done and blah blah blah.

Another one of the older girls heard this and piped up: It's seniority. Soandso has done a lot for this store so you shouldn't talk about her. When you've been here for four years you get away with more.

She was more angry than that sounded, and I ducked out of that pretty quickly. By the end of the night I was ready to kill Baby too. In an effort to suck up to the managers (I'm assuming), I found her hanging out at my tables ALL THE TIME. She even took the order of some guys who had JUST sat in my section, and I had to go over and explain that I was their server. I still saw her hanging out and taking their plates at least three more times that night. Another time, she called me out in front of my table. I had brought a new pitcher of Bud Light to them a few minutes earlier, but she caught them refilling their glass. I went over to see why she was again helping out my table, when she said "Next time, if these gentlemen have empty glasses, you need to fill them yourself."

B, please. The glasses were NOT empty when I delivered their pitcher, and I'm not about to hover over them waiting for them to swallow that last drop so I can refill it.

Plus, she started the same day as I did, and does a much worse job. She NEVER does her sidework properly, and I see curly fries littering the floor of her section at the end of every night.

I'm pleased to announce that she had to deal with a horrible table later that night. A total of $80, with about a 70 cent tip from the only one who bothered tipping her. And they laughed about it.

If she wasn't such a bad waitress, I might feel bad for her. But she needs to stay out of my section.

No comments:

Post a Comment