Friday, September 18, 2009

I Don't Understand People.

I was pretty sure when I started that I knew at least a few of the types of people who tend not to tip well, if at all. Teenagers are the worst. If only they realized once they had to start paying their own bills what a pain it is to wait on someone hand and foot only to get 0 dollars out of them.

But that is not the group I dealt with yesterday. It was my first table of the night, and I realized from the beginning I had a few factors working against me: 1. They were more than a little redneck, and 2. They had just finished a tab with another waitress, and therefore already tipped one person.

Still, I only had the one table, so I hung out with them, put up with Billy Bob's repeated attempts to get me to go home with him, and got them refills promptly.

The total was about $55. The tip? $4.
I wish they taught how to tip at Jeff Foxworthy's School of Hicks.

Note: I realize that the only other time I've mentioned getting a lousy/nonexistent tip, I also said that I did a great job serving them. I do know when I can't devote all my time to a table and they get less-than-fabulous service. I forget things and mess up, but I know I didn't with these particular groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment