Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hooters Girl in Training

Today was my Hooters "Orientation".

I woke up at 9, despite not having to show up until 3 this afternoon. I showered, shaved, got dressed (black slacks with a white tank top that showed off some cleavage, plus a short blue button-up shirt over the tank), and did my make-up.

I was kind of nervous. Sure, I'd already been offered a job, but I'm not much of a girly girl. I never really learned how to do make-up; I just assume mine looks alright. I don't own 30 pairs of shoes; I own 6, and half of those are sneakers.

I dragged my boyfriend out to lunch to kill time before heading over. I was hoping the girl who'd given me my application was working; she was super nice and friendly every time I've gone in (I had a second interview after my initial one so I've seen her a couple times). Of course, she wasn't there.

The girl who showed me to a table was great too, though. Goldilocks is about to go back to college, so she won't be there for much longer by the time I start, but it was nice meeting her anyway.

Despite getting lunch, I showed up 20 minutes early, so I sat around until the manager showed up. I was one of four girls there. All of the other girls were older than me; I would guess early twenties. They all had children and smoked, so I didn't have a lot in common with them.

After reading all sorts of blogs from other Hooters Girls, I was disappointed when the manager finally showed up. We filled out a stack of paperwork, he gave us our handbooks, and we were dismissed. Took about 40 minutes. :(

I start training on Tuesday. Hopefully that will be more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment