Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Don't Brag About Your Money Unless You're Sharing

My Hooters has a regular who has three houses. Yeah. He's a CEO of some company or another, and he's loaded. He does not hesitate to let me know this.

Now, I may sound like a brat, but he really had some bad luck, because on the day he met me, the table right next to his left me a $50 tip. On a $43 tab. And these were some sweet guys I had just met who had not mentioned having any money at all, so I was stoked.

Naturally, when some pretentious old douche comes waltzing in talking about how much money he has, I expect him to leave a hefty tip. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I get 20% from most of my tables, I would hope Daddy Warbucks can shell out a little more than that.

No such luck. I still get to hear about his houses though. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate those folks who tip with a compliment? And not cash?

    ReplyDelete