Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekends at Hooters

More and more of my weekends are becoming my work week, while I get a couple days off during the week. This weekend was no exception. I worked Saturday and Sunday night, and made about $165 total. Meh.

A few of the customers more than made up for it though. Saturday night, I got pretty busy, but the rush was short-lived and I actually left the store for half an hour to get more receipt paper. When I came back, I still had no tables.

During my rush, I did get two women who looked like they were in their early thirties. They called me over, and I hoped nothing was wrong (I also had a LOT of shitty customers that night, hence making $82 when I should have made more like $100). No, they were smiling. One of them spoke up, "Oh, we just wanted to know about, like, working here."

I looked at them with what must have been horror and thought immediately of KH's (a fellow Hooters blogger) most recent post about a woman too old to be applying to Hooters.

They weren't though. They didn't clarify, but they just asked me what it was like working there. Most of it was the same stuff I get everyday, but they also threw in this gem:

"Do you have to, like, write your measurements on your application?"

I laughed. I laughed HARD. Then I said no, of course not. We filled out a standard application that asked for work history, education, etc., and then we had an on-the-spot interview. I'm sure the managers are looking for certain physical qualities, but asking for our measurements? It's a restaurant!

Then last night, one of the other girls had a table of about 10 frat boy types. They were all in Iraq and had just come home, and they drank too much and hit on all the waitresses, but I'll take fun drunk guys over stuck up picky customers any night. And they were very entertaining. We had a limbo competition.

So I'm working again tonight, and then I get a day off. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment